We are seeking a creative, detail-oriented and flexible Fundraising Manager to join our growing organizations coculture e.V. and Studio Khaled Barakeh. In this position, you should develop fundraising strategies as well as maintain a strong network of connections in the field to help financing our many projects.
- Research funding opportunities, public and private (local, national, EU, international; government agencies, trusts, foundations, philanthropists etc.)
- Create and maintain a fundraising database with contact details and deadlines
- Develop relationships with major donors, identify new potential major donors and nurture relationships
- Attend relevant fundraising events such as foundation meetings etc.
- Plan and implement fundraising campaigns and events
- Write and manage grant applications, narrative and financial statements ensuring that they are submitted on time and meet the donors' expectations
- Create sponsorship concepts, approach potential sponsors and, if successful, follow-up on the partnership
- Prepare contracts and follow-up on the implementation
- Record, monitor and report financial progress
- Work closely with project leads (SCI, Biennale, etc.) to remain up to date on project developments and goals as well as communicate back to funders
- Bachelor or Master degree in art, cultural management, fundraising or similar area
- At least five years of experience working in fundraising
- Network of public and private funding organizations
- Knowledge of public and private funding opportunities, experience in application and report writing (narrative and financial)
- Experience in creating sponsorship concepts and network of sponsors
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and German; other languages are a plus
- Ability to write contracts, manage budgets and hit fundraising targets
- Interest in, and commitment to, the cause you are raising money for is essential
- Flexible and self-starter mindset, who is comfortable working in a new organisation
This position is for a freelancer, the Fundraising Manager will work for two organizations:
Founded in 2017 by a group of cultural actors from different backgrounds, coculture e.V. is a Berlin-based non-profit organization and a creative hub for social and art projects: www.coculture.de.
Studio Khaled Barakeh was also established in 2017. Focusing on artistic-social projects, activities of the Studio range from exhibitions and artwork production to other cultural-based activities: khaledbarakeh.com.